July 13, 2010

Bath Time


Well, today was a pretty uneventful Tuesday....until bathtime ;) You know the saying about raising kids---how the days are long but the years are short? Well that is soooo true!! Man sometimes I wonder how I am going to get thru the day especially since it seems we are entering the terrible two's. There is definately a power struggle going on. Whew, that little girl likes to have HER way....I wonder where she gets that from?? ;)

Anyway, back to bathtime...I have an old story that I always just love to remind my mom about to remind her how hard my childhood was (and I say that with sarcasm). She just "loves" hearing it hahaha. When I was little the only spanking I remember getting was when I got just a tad bit, maybe even just a few drops, of water on the floor in the bathroom while I was taking a bath...well that is the version that I remember and will tell, but somehow of course there are always two versions to one story *wink wink*. My mom feels so bad for spanking me for that now and of course it is fun to make her feel bad. Yeah I know, I am so wrong ;) Well it has come back to bite me in the butt. Tonight during Ella's bath, I walked into her new room that I am working on decorating to do one measurement for that I need for tomorrow. I was talking to Ella and she was talking back and I heard lots of movement going on into the tub. Of course since I was so "in tune" with doing my measurement that I just let it go so I could get done and then go back to bath time...now before anyone goes crazy about me leaving the bathroom know this...the bedroom is attached to the bathroom and the span of time I am talking about was maybe 45 seconds...well that is all it took haha....when I walked back into the bathroom to bathe her, I was greeted by water dripping off the walls, water all on the floor, and of course the bath mat was soaked. I surveyed the "damage" and then looked at Ella who was of course giving me her ever-so-innocent smile. I quickly remembered the story I was telling you and decided that all I could do at that moment was to politely ask her not to throw water ALL OVER THE BATHROOM and then I proceeded to wipe it all up...hahahaha.

As I was saying, I sometimes wonder how in the world I will get thru another day of pointless tantrums but then "it" always happens....I go into Ella's room to check on my baby girl sleeping before I go to bed to make sure she is breathing and all covered up (yes I STILL do that) and I just see her sweet little face and her sweet little hands and all the troubles of the day melt away. I just stare and kiss and kiss and kiss...I just can't get enough kisses from that sweet baby. And then I just tell her I love her and sweet dreams and I "hear" her tell me "yuv u."

Night Night folks...I can't wait for my special moment tonight :)

3 comments:

  1. Wait a second...the ONLY spanking you remember getting?!?!?!?! Goodness, I could name more spankings I received than I have fingers to count on. They must have saved them up for me. ;)

    Night night sweet Ella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gemma, what a great way to start a daily journal of your children's lives. Electronically.
    I think you should document all. You know you had a lot of "GEMMAISMS" growing up that would have been wonderful graduation stories. And what a lovely gift to give Ms. Ella when she graduates or marry. This is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I think you had just as much water on the floor as Ella. Well at least Ella didn't get a spanking like you did. You held your cool better than me.

    ReplyDelete